FAQs & Customer Info
Although we always work closely with our clients to minimise disruption to local communities, by the very nature of our business, you may experience some inconvenience when work is carried out.
If you are affected and have any queries or concerns please take a look at our frequently asked questions below or get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.
To assist you, below are just a few suggestions to help minimise the impact our work may have on you:
- When supply first goes off, switch electric fires and cookers off to avoid any accidents when the power is restored. Leave one light on to tell you when the power is restored.
- Turn off and unplug sensitive equipment such as TV, video, stereo, satellite receiver, computer, fax, other office equipment and machinery etc., until your power is restored.
- About 12 hours before the supply is due to go off, turn the temperature control on your freezer to the coldest setting. Remember to turn it back to normal after the power is restored.
- When the power is off, try to avoid opening the freezer.
- If you need a generator to maintain supplied please ensure it is connected by a qualified electrician and is only used on wiring or appliances that have been isolated from the mains. Whilst we are unable to supply generators, most plant hire companies do.
- Remember to reset any electric clocks and timers.
- If you use a computer remember to back-up your work before the start of the planned power interruption.